Monday, July 24, 2006

Rats

I love rats...as children we had pet rats. They were cute and clean and would sit on your shoulder. With the rain comes rats. These are not in the house, choosing instead to hang outside at night and eat the dog food out of the bowls. These are not my cute rats..these are giant, ugly, brown rats.

I was on the phone last night with Mom and she had to listen to me yell at the rats. I spent the later part of the evening heaving empty coke cans at the rats. Needless to say, I did not hit any of them....I was not even close.

On the plus side, I learned a new tagalog word - Daga = Rat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember how I found your blog but here I am laughing my ass out. Your stories are hilarious. I started reading the most recent ones... can't get enough and now reading the older ones.